Re: (erielack) Re: CNJ Interchange

> Jim, I'm not sure what you mean here. SE-98 was made up of cars consigned
> to customers on the CNJ, not EL. Lake Jct replaced the interchange at
> Taylor when CNJ quit PA. Both locations were logical interchange points
> since they were (more or less) end points of CNJ at their respective
> times. If you're arguing that CNJ shouldn't have existed at all in the EL
> era, I can't agree more, but that's another topic and Conrail took care of
> that redundancy.

Paul --

Traffic destined for CNJ points makes sense, of course, as would westbound
traffic from the CNJ.

But  I'm suggesting that interchanging cars to the CNJ at either location --
just to have the CNJ hand the freight back at Weehawken -- is typical of
boneheaded railroading throw-cash-down-the-toilet railroading.

Cheers,
Jim