RE: (erielack) What is wrong with this picture?

> > First off, that photo is so small, how can you really tell?
> >
> > And attached is an example of another wreck repair - this one is
> > missing the "wing" to the left of the nose door. A similar
> "effect" as
> > the other photo, no?
>
> No.
>
> Look at all the yellow paint on top of the nose, along the
> top of the side, the width of the stripe under the radiator
> band, and along the sill.  Now, go look at the other photo.
> Virtually none of that stuff is there, as it was not on the
> as-delivered paint scheme for FTs.

So then, we have a mystery. The slide is (a) supposedly taken in 1956, and
(b) features the top of the as-delivered scheme (with the thin yellow band
under the windshield, and the lower part of a post-1946 scheme (when the
"original scheme" FTs got their full yellow bib treatment.

My guess? A Photoshop job, or some wiseacre in the paint shops having some
fun. Since this is supposed to be 1956, ten years after the "full bib"
standardization, I can't imagine this is one that "got away" and was later
partially "bibbed."