RE: (erielack) What is wrong with this picture?

> > Here's a nice shot for sale on Ebay of some FT's rolling west
> > thru Ohio with a 99 in 1956:
> >
> > http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/02/b3/2aff_1.JPG
> >
> > But notice the paint scheme -- a compromise between the
> > classic Erie yellow-face freight scheme and the basic black
> > that the FT's wore when delivered.  The curved yellow
> > backdrop comes up from the frameline and ends between the
> > diamond and the headlight, looking somewhat like a flower
> > vase.  I never saw this scheme before.
>

> I had read that this was a wreck repair and the top portion of the nose was
> replaced, painted black, and rushed out without getting the yellow touched
> up. It was later completed as time allowed.
>
> 	- Paul

Nice try, but I don't buy it.  That line along the side and up over the nose is exactly what the
original paint looked like.  Personally, I think it's an experimental version heading for the
classic ERIE paint scheme; it stops at the top of the nose door.  I know that the original paint was
deemed not visible enough at crossings, especially at night, which is pretty easy to figure out.
Besides, there's no indication of paint on the top of the nose that was there in the past (before
your "wreck") and also no paint around the windshields and on the roof.

SGL