Re: (erielack) Auto Racks

It must have been the early '70's, when ACI had been fully implemented.

Paul B

From: James Crump <w1ewn_@_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (erielack) Auto Racks

I am not sure if it is the same topic or info but in late 60's early 70's I
was visiting my parents in Elmira and my father my son and I visited the
yard - and when they heard my father was in computers, writing the programs
to put Westinghouse accounting reports on computer, they told us to wait -
and then showed the computer printing out the consist on the westbound train
from a detesctor/reader around Chemung. I remember them saying they used to
delay as they did it by hand but now the list was printed for them as the
trains were approaching. My father was quite impressed.

Jim