(erielack) Train #1, The Phoebe Snow at Conklin, NY

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-08-05-08

IMG_0002.jpg (image/jpeg, 318x480 34202 bytes, BF: 4.46 ppb)

    In 1964, I finally got a new 35 mm camera with electric eye exposure and quickwiind capability. After a few tryouts, I took it down to the crossing near my home and caught #1 coming & going. The roadcrossing is the 2nd past the east end of the former DL&W's Conklin, N. Y. yard. The engineer will be looking at the home signal for the east end of the yard in a few seconds, but it's very unlikely that the operator at BY tower will give him any less than a high green (clear). It would be unthinkable even at this late date to stick #1. A far cry from the way once famous trains are treated by the freight railroads nowadays.

Regards to all

Walter E. Smith