Re:RE: (erielack) EL MU cars back on "home rails", so to spe

There seems to be some confusion.  As I understand it, there can't be two entities withthe same identity.  USAX can stand for either U.S.Asphalt or the Department of Defense, but not both.

Of course, like so many of our confusions, it might be time sensitive.  I can remember when USAX was used by the Army, and there was neither U.S.Asphalt nor Department of Defense (1954).

Randy Brown
The following are the RAILROAD REPORTING MARKS for USAX.

USAX       *UNITED STATES ASPHALT REFINING CO.
USAX       +U.S. DEPT. OF DEFENSE - TROOP SUPPORT & AVIATION MATERIAL READINESS

Pete
I do have a question though. What's with the
U.S.A.X. stenciling on car # 3453? Was this car used by the Army at one  time?

Todd K. Stearns