RE: (erielack) Re: OHCR Rumor

The steam program was not part of the transaction.

Jerry has been buying land for a new shop and roundhouse by his house
in Sugar Creek. We talked last fall about Jerry getting to the point
where he wants to retire. And play with steam. He's there, and i hope
he can enjoy it for a long long time.

He built a remarkable business, was second to none in treating his
employees, and turned hundreds of miles of abandoned railroad into
profitable operations.

But with all the goings on, it's doubtful we can get OHCR 8976 (EL
3680) working former EL rails for the convention next month. :(

Mike Spinelli

Quoting "Gary R. Kazin" <gkazin_@_yahoo.com>:

> Here is a url to find more details:
>
> http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-04-2008/0004860770&EDATE=
>
> Gary R. Kazin
> DL&W Milepost R35.7
> Rockaway, New Jersey
>

> --- On Mon, 8/4/08, Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)
> <paultup_@_alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
>> The Ohio Central System of railroads (which runs several EL lines, and
>> has a very EL-like paint scheme of maroon/gray/yellow) was purchased by
>> GWI (Genesee & Wyoming) today.
>>
>> 	- Paul
>>
>> 	The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
>> 	http://EL-List.railfan.net/