Re: (erielack) Location??

Much of Wayne County PA is flat.  On it's western side, it borders Lackawanna
County and what's called the East Mountain.  The Saco depot was at a place in
Wayne that was completely flat with in earlier days, much farmland
surrounding the Erie.  Family members of mine had a horse stable just beyond Saco, thus
I remember passing Saco on my way to ride my horse.

The depot at Saco was nothing more than a small structure and the photo sure
looks like the depot in the photo.   I don't believe that Saco was a "yard" so
to speak, but it had to have storage tracks.

I could be very wrong on this but I don't think the shot is from NY.  I'm
certain that it's not Hawley, so from what I see, it sure looks like Saco.
Gravity was on an incline so I don't think it's Gravity as Gravity was not flat and
it's been recorded that Erie had to go up the grade to get to Gravity.
Again, I could be wrong so we'll keep it open.

But as I mentioned last night, I'm don't know if EL had a unit at Saco.  I'm
sure Erie didn't as it was just a depot to pick up cars to take to Dunmore for
repairs.   From what an Erie veteran told me a few years ago, Saco was a way
point for Erie to pick up "the injured", take them via Rock Jct. to Dunmore
and put them back in service.

Yes, we can go on about this but it's one of those photos that can be solved.

Perhaps Pat McKnight at Steamtown can offer some information on this.  It's a
really great photo that needs to be documented.

All the best,

Rick

Read reviews on AOL Autos.