RE: (erielack) Railroaders and Fedoras - what are the odds??

Ron Dukarm posted:

> http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-07-31-08
>
> Niagara_Falls_Yard_visitors_4-27-66_WNYRHS.jpg (image/jpeg, 3666x3073 946774 bytes, BF: 11.810
ppb)

> List,
>
> Mike Connor stopped over yesterday and had his summer fedora at the ready. We looked at the
attached photo of NYC
> management personnel touring NYC's Niagara Falls Yard in 1966. Mike thought he knew a few of these
folks . . .

So did I, or at least, there was this >>possibility<< . . . .

So, I sent it to a friend of mine, with the topic line "Is that you under the W?"

His reply:

"It sure is !  How did you spot it ?  That was on a tour for freight salesmen.  The Manager of
Service Planning, whom I was under at the time, had the role of escorting the series of four day
tours, one on each district of the railroad.  The idea was to expose the salesmen to operations."

So, what are the odds of that?  Me knowing someone in an otherwise anonymous lineup of railroad
officials??

SGL