Re:(erielack) Pullman NYC "Poplar" Series 6-6 Sleeper on DL&

Pullman was pretty consistent in keeping all of a series alike.  Major differences could be in the form of the airconditioning (ice or electro-mechanical) and the trucks (bottom equalized or top) , both of which would have an impact on the model.  I haven't looked at the BCW picture closely but, without a proto photo to compare, it will be impossible to tell.

I also seem to remember that the Pullman pool gray scheme was the reverse of the NYC:  Pullman - light gray body and letterboard, dar grey window panel; NYC - t'other way 'round. Also remember that UP and SP had gray schemes ("Overland:" and "Lark/Cascade") which may have duplicated on anoter or one or another.

Have fun!

Randy Brown
This same photo of a NYC/Pullman HW on the rear of #5 is reproduced in the  latest ARRHS issue (vol 19 #1) of Flags, Diamonds and Statues on page 4.  It  would seem to confirm that a heavyweight NYC or Pullman in NYC striping was  indeed part of the consist of the Twilight, Train #5.

Again, does anyone know if the Bethlehem model of the 6-6 Poplar series  Pullman would be accurate for the NYC car that was used by the DL&W for  service to Detroit in the 1950s?

Bill Botkin