Re: (erielack) EL RS3 leases to CNJ

Gentlemen-

Here are two more pictures of the same EL engine, this time at Bound
Brook/Raritan New Jersey on 8/15/73.

http://www.20thcenturyhobbies.com/trainnut/ELmainpage/EL1050RS-2sideRaritanY
ardofCNJ8-15-73.JPG

http://www.20thcenturyhobbies.com/trainnut/ELmainpage/EL1050end(8-15-73).jpg

- -Joe Jordan
Train Nut Central

At 06:08 AM 4/28/07 -0400, you wrote:

>Paul, Tim and List,
>
>The date on the photos is 8/73. In one of them, several other locos are
visible, all CNJ, most unlikely after 4/1/76 when CR promptly began
reassigning locos. So there is little reason to question the date. Also I
thought EL's RS's were all stored soon after C-day. I doubt an RS would be
in the SE-98/ES-99 pool; these were heavy trains on stiff grades, and all
the photos I've seen have second-generation power on these runs. Perhaps
it's assembling the return leg of a transfer job?