Re: (erielack) NS Looking for two Erie or EL Switch Locks with keys.

Joe,

  They were called Rayco locks used exclusively by signal departments.

  Rich

"Joe K." <joesk_@_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
  At 08:20 AM 4/22/2007, you wrote:
>Any one on this list, If you have two switch locks with keys of either Erie
>or EL vintage, and would like to assist the NS with there display of a
>semephore signal at head quarters, please contact Michael Bickham, at
>_bruce.bickham_@_nscorp.com_ (mailto:bruce.bickham@nscorp.com)
>The signal come off the Southern Tier west of Binghamton, NY. The following
>is part of Michaels email.
>Attachment is a photo of the signal in operational condition.
>
>Bob Bahrs

Not for anything, but wouldn't equipment cases be secured (on the
former Erie anyway) with the triangular type equipment "locks" as
opposed to the usual switch locks. These "locks" required a
triangular shaped tubular type "key" to open. I can remember making
that type key out of a piece of 1/2 inch copper tubing and hammered
into a triangle shape.

Legal disclaimer: Never used it for any unsavory purpose though! ;-)

Joe K.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.