(erielack) Freight on the Boonton Line

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-04-20-07

freight-on-boonton-line.jpg (image/jpeg, 1000x750 307606 bytes, BF: 2.44 ppb)

Hi everyone,

A bunch of us here at work decided to go to Boonton last week for lunch
at Eduardo's Pizzeria, located directly adjacent to the Boonton Line
(and they have great pizza, too!). As we were driving there, we were
surprised to see freight cars sitting on the Boonton Line! Doing some
investigation, we found Norfolk Southern's local HO-2 switching out the
Dietrich Steel plant in Boonton, using borrowed Morristown & Erie Alco
C424 #18! A grubby day, and I didn't have my camera, but colleague Frank
Etzel had his compact digital and grabbed this shot.

This is the closest you'll get to an EL freight on this line nowadays.
:(  As a point of reference, you can see the Wootton St. bridge in the
background - this is the same bridge you could see in my post the other
day regarding "what's this pipe?" - though from the opposite side.

Enjoy, and thanks to Frank for the picture!

	- Paul

 <<freight-on-boonton-line.jpg>>