Re: (erielack) Buffalo, around 1900

Dale,

  The way I understand it, the Erie Railway, successor company to the New York & Erie Railroad which went bankrupt, was also in serious financial trouble and was sold in 1875, becoming the New York, Lake Erie & Western Railroad.  The NYLE&W also went bankrupt and the successor company was the Erie Railroad in 1893.  My meager two cents worth.

  John Payne
  Milford   Connecticut

Dale Madison <gobills_@_ncweb.com> wrote:

I just picked up a map of Buffalo circa 1900. I'm trying to date it.

The Erie is still labelled "New York, Lake Erie and Western". When was it changed to just Erie?

The Erie line to Black Rock forms a belt line around the east and north side of the city. There are stations on it at Walden, Delevan, Kensington, Main, International Jct and Colvin.

I'm grateful for any information anyone can offer.

Thank you.

Dale

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.