RE: (erielack) team tracks without platforms

Ed Mines wrote:

> A lot of railroads had team tracks without platforms. Most
> team tracks I think.

From personal experience, that certainly seems to be the case. Most team
tracks I've seen are simply a track with a dirt driveway alongside. The
Boonton, NJ team track was located next to the DL&W freight house, and
would often see CenterFlow covered hoppers lettered for Gulf. These
would be transferred to truck and driven up the street to Standard
Railway Fusee (since it didn't have rail access, ironically enough)

The Little Falls, NJ team track was used to transfer carpets from
boxcars to a local carpet distributor.

That's the neat thing about a team track - almost anything you wanted to
receive could be spotted there. My wife's uncle had a 50' boxcar loaded
with a Sears catalog home (!!!) that was set off at the Dover, NJ team
track in late EL years - after several dozen trips up the hill to his
property on the border of Randolph and Dover, the car was empty and
house construction began in earnest.

Who in the world would buy a do-it-yourself home nowadays??? :)