Re: (erielack) Nor'easter Question

In December of 1992 there was  Nor'Easter which pretty well socked in the
NY Metropolitan area. I had driven up to Mill Rift in order to try to
photograph the bridge that is now in front of the town hall and my
associate (who had driven up from Charlottesville and was staying the
week) was at the courthouse in Milford digging out the property records
for that area. By the time I reached Mill Rift (coming up from Princeton)
the snow was coming down too heavily for any decent camera work so I
headed back  to Milford with the intent of trying again when the weather
gods were more cooperative. While creeping down the hill into Matamoras
(in what was now several inches of snow, ice, and slush) my faithful red
Mazda pickup truck went into a slide which ultimately resulted in it
sacrificing itself against a Ford 250 which was equally slowly creeping
up the hill. After summoning the police and dealing with the other
details I called the courthouse to tell my associate I would be running
very late and why. The clerk who answered the phone was just leaving
(early because of the storm) and hadn't realized when she shut off the
lights and locked the door that Suzy was still in the records room. I
ended up taking a motel room and we drove back to Princeton in her car
the next day. In addition to multiple detours for downed trees and power
lines and so forth, the all of the radio stations were running a litany
of everything that wasn't working that morning.

So, in partial answer to Ed's question - They don't, or at least they
didn't. One of the casualties from that storm was PATH service to
Hoboken, due to the station being flooded.
.