(erielack) Nor'easter Question

I just heard that the nor'easter storm heading for the northeast this weekend will carry a 3 to 5 foot storm surge with it.  This could raise the water to track level at Hoboken Terminal.  I remember one time when the water came up in the ferryhouse in the 60s.  The boats were running but you could only board on the upper decks.  That proabably made for a pretty steep ramp to the boat.  With the possibility of the surge, and flooding, it brings up a question.  If the water reaches track level, how do they keep PATH free from flooding?  I've never heard of the tubes filling up with water.  But if the terminal flooded I could imagine the steps to PATH looking like a waterfall.

Ed Montgomery