(erielack) Freight Loading Platform

In my ongoing research of Silver Creek, Ohio (and it's associated branches), I came across this track chart. Never mind where I found them. I won't mention where I got them, but a lot of people are wrong about their present location.

  The segment shown here http://www.or4c.com/pix/SilverCreek.jpg is where the Silver Creek Branch once connected with the mainline, with the station in between the main and the branch. That's all gone by now, but if you look there is a track running off of and paralleling the WB siding. And between that track and the siding, there is a "freight loading platform".

  What would that have been used for? LCL from Baughman Station (down the branch)? If it were a team track platform, it would be north of the track, not in between them. Would it have been covered?

  I've never seen this platform (or the track) mentioned, or shown on any charts before. I'm curious what it was used for.

      Mike Spinelli

  Activities/Webmaster of the Iron Cross Chapter of the NKPHTS (W&LEHS)
  Assistant Director-Safety of the Orrville Railroad Heritage Society
  CEO of the Ohio Valley System Microsoft Train Sim organization
  Erie Lackawanna Historical Society member 3796

  (i like trains)

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.