(erielack) Re: EL Mail List Digest V3 #2342

Re: LHR C420's in Port Morris:

Given that the yard closed oficially that August (or Sept) day in '63, it  is
unlikely that there were any further LHR interchange runs into PtM. That
said, in this hobby one should never use absolutes, because someone will come up
with an example that proves the supposition wrong.
Anyway the next, I think '65, summer we were again home on leave and I  heard
some diesels coming up from Waterloo not on the main track, but on the
Sussex Branch, so I went over to Port Morris (actually, up)and there were two
C420's spliced by an RS-3, on a train with a caboose on each end. Engines ran
around the train, coupled up  and left for Phillipsburg on the  main/Washington
line.
Later, I read in the Newark Evening News that there had been a wreck along
Rt 46 near Pequest. We drove down the next day and there were a lot of cars on
the ground and in the river.
I have a few pictures, which I will dig out and check the date.
Jim