RE: (erielack) Passing Reports

Fellow EL Mail List Members,

	Greetings.  I contacted Paul Tupaczewski "off-list" about what I
have done to-date in regards to answering Steve's question in his email
below (last sentence), "I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has any
of these or if anyone has endeavored to dump parts of one into an Excel
or Access database".  Paul suggested I email you to see if there is any
interest in getting this "raw" data into an Excel or Access database?

	Over a couple of recent lunch periods, I designed a Excel
spreadsheet (See enclosed) I believe pretty closely replicates the ELRR
Company Daily Passing Report of March 8, 1967.  As Steve further
commented, "There are 29 pages in this particular report, with 4 columns
per page and I have estimated about 120 records per column, giving about
480 records per page for a total of about 14000 records for the report".
Needless to say, for one person to manually type-in all of that
information into an Excel or Access database by him or herself is a very
daunting task!  To type into the Excel spreadsheet what I have to-date
(15 rows x 4 columns worth, actual data), has taken me approximately two
lunch periods (30-minutes each) all while eating at the same time.:-))
If this is something that you think is a worthwhile endeavor to further
pursue, maybe there is another 28 or so "volunteers" who would be
willing to help input the remaining raw-data (say, one or more pages
each) of the ELRR Company Daily Passing Report of March 8, 1967?  I
would be willing to volunteer my time and efforts to complete one (1) or
two (2) pages myself, as well compile all of the data received from the
other EL Mail List Members.

	Even though this is a daunting task, if we could get enough
"volunteers", having the ELRR Company Daily Passing Report of March 8,
1967 in this form (Excel spreadsheet) for example, would thus allow the
user the capability to sort the respective information to their liking!
As a result, who knows what we all could learn and or benefit from the
results?  Again, this is just a "suggestion", what do you think?

John
ELHS #2429