(erielack) Re: Erie platter and soup bowl - Official answer

To "Trainman55" and listers:

I have, of course, read the rude, inconsiderate and completely uninformed comments by Trainman55 concerning ELDCPS's reproduction Erie and DL&W china. The reproductions are all marked with "Made Expressly for Erie Lackawanna Diner 741", plus the date on the bottom (If you had taken the time to ask us, or purchased several, you would already know this). The reproductions are of excellent quality, and the graphics are more "crisp" then the originals. Tim and I have been measuring our originals to make certain the reproductions are as close as possible. A truly knowledgeable collector will be able to instantly differentiate between an original piece of Erie Starrucca china from one of our reproductions. If there is any question, then an intelligent buyer should request from the seller a photo of the bottom of the piece. Todd Stearns has understood the concept and stated our official position nicely: "The society is simply using a means to raise much needed funds for restoration efforts. Do you know a better way? In the meantime, buyers get some nice pieces that at least reflect the tastes of the railroads they know and love." Thank you Todd!

Todd also writes: "You're a member of the ELDCPS, yet I am not. I do buy items here and there to support their cause and enjoy the items however. Somehow I feel you paying annual dues doesn't hold a candle to the support I give as a non-member". We have checked our records, and to the best of our knowledge, Trainman55 is not a member of ELDCPS. So as he claims he is a "member of the Historical society", we are certain he has ELDCPS somehow confused with ELHS. However, we do have in our files several E-mails from him criticizing our efforts. Todd, I would like to thank you for your support, and we would be pleased if you would consider becoming a member!

One other reason for the reproductions that has obviously not occurred to Trainman55 is we have to stock Diner 741. If would be completely absurd to even suggest that we attempt to purchase enough originals. With breakage and wear and tear, how long do you think the originals would last?

A suggestion for Trainman55: Learn to spell! If you make a mistake, use the spell check function! It is really not that difficult.

A "News Flash" for Trainman55: Grow up. ELDCPS will be reproducing ALL of the Erie Starrucca pattern for fundraising and use in Diner 741. End of discussion. In addition, we will be reproducing several DL&W patterns for the same purpose for Lackawanna Diner 470. So, "chill out", and as Steve Twarogowski recommended: "Take two aspirin and go to bed. Tomorrow is another day". "Keep on chuggin" should consider purchasing our excellent reproductions, you will not have to worry about dropping any, plus saving lots of money!

Kind regards,

John Boehner, Vice President - Operations
ELDCPS