RE: (erielack) EL GP38-2's

> I'm assuming your post is a good humored one.  EL had a very
> notorious record of abandoning and just plain throwing away
> records in the trash. It's pretty fair to say that for each
> item Walt liberated, or saved from destruction. Hundreds or
> thousands were not.  It's unbelievable what was trashed just
> out of the Scranton Station building.

Hoboken, too! Though a lot of the "junk" there lasted into NJT years,
when they started to clear out the "trash" - fortunately, a lister
friend of mine looked through said "trash" and found two great folders
of information on the U34CH and Pullman-Standard car purchases,
including competing bids and loco test results. I promised him that one
day I'd turn this into a book - and I'm still planning on it. :)

Sadly, the rest of the Hoboken stuff hit the dumpster as well. :(