Re: (erielack) ELHS collection

What are the reasons for moving the ELHS Collection from Akron University,
aside from their never saying thank you to the ELHS? Is the collection not
being cared for? Is it not accessible? Is it too far away from most of the
members? Is there a repository that might be able to put materials on line?

If the ELHS wishes to relocate the collection, we should explore the concept
of a loan. This is a common device used by museums that allows an owner to
retain control of the object or collection.. Since ELHS does not benefit
from a tax standpoint from making a gift or charitable donation, making a
donation is of no material value. If a museum will not accept the loan
mechanism, don't we have a potential problem with Akron U. Do we have the
control now to move the collection?

Please do not let this approach cause anyone to refrain from any
antagonistic comments that they may be harboring, I love them.

Bruce Ipe, ELHS, ELHTS and ELDCPS