From: William E. Botkin [mailto:webotkin_@_ecentral.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:43 AM
To: EL Mail List
Subject: Re: (erielack) ELHS collection

All,

Living in Denver, my access to the ELHS archives is pretty limited.  That
being said, I would strongly support any move of the archives to Steamtown
for two important reasons:

1) In my mind, the center of gravity of the EL has always been in the
NJ/PA/NY area and I would guess much of the membership is located there as
well.

2) The Steamtown people, Patrick McKnight in particular, have shown
themselves to be very professional and dedicated to the preservation of the
history and documentation of the DL&W and would guess they would do a great
job preserving the ELHS archives.

While I have never actually accessed the ELHS archives, I have been a member
of the ELHS for many years and provided additional donations to the archives
over the years.

My likelihood of ever visiting the archives in Arkon are close to zero,
whereas being from the NJ area, I do have occasion to visit the NJ/PA area
and would definitely consider a trip to Scranton to access the archives.

Bill Botkin
ELHS#1377