Re: (erielack) Rudy, Norm, Memories

Reading Len VanderJagt's post about Newark tower and what I guess is now
the (defunct) Lincoln Motel, "Being on the second  floor, facing some sort
of ill defined industrial railroad scene, the patrons of the motel on the
second floor felt no need to close their drapes. You get the idea?"   Some
Pullman passengers in Penn Station, New York, also felt no need to pull
down the shades.  Towermen, (not me,) used to hang out the windows at JO.
Talking about scruffy maintainers, there used to be one at XC in Cranford,
who would occasionally knock a bond wire off, before going off duty; and
then he would be called out on overtime, to find it.
Minute men:  Frank Giampoppa on second trick at HX used to be one.  That
didn't bother me.  I used to go in early, and he would tell me some of his
stories about flying in TBFs and TBMs, in the Pacific, for the Marines.
When HX closed, he went to DB.  One mornig, while he was on the bridge, he
started to die.  He slamed the bridge in, and made it to tower (shanty.)
His reliefe told me that he was in his car, waiting for 7am to come around,
before he went in.  By that time, frank was dead.
And there is the story of the ticket agent at Morristown, who reads e-mails
and writes posts; while trying to sell tickets, and assist Spanish speaking
customers at the same time.
Philip Martin