RE: (erielack) EL around Youngstown

From the Erie Railroad history page on the ELHS site:

In 1874 the Erie leased the Atlantic & Great Western,
which had been opened 10 years earlier between
Salamanca, N. Y., on the Erie, and Dayton, Ohio. The
A&GW entered Cincinnati over the Cincinnati, Hamilton
& Dayton, which laid a third rail to accommodate
A&GW's broad gauge equipment. At Cincinnati the A&GW
connected with the broad gauge Ohio & Mississippi to
St. Louis. (The two connecting roads later became part
of Baltimore & Ohio.) The lease to the Erie did not
last long. A&GW entered receivership and was
reorganized as the New York, Pennsylvania & Ohio. To
obtain access to Cleveland and Youngstown, the NYP&O
leased the Cleveland & Mahoning Valley in 1880. The
Erie leased the Nypano (as it was known) in 1883,
acquired all its capital stock in 1896, and acquired
its properties in 1941.

Mike