Re: (erielack) Stock pen re-request - ELHS collection

Let me throw my support for Pat's work at Steamtown and the quality of the
actual space available.  Also, I want to make a point as a donor:

About 3 years ago the ELDCPS received a large collection of DL&W and a
smaller collection of Erie annual reports.  Except for one missing year, the
DL&W collection covered the years 1899 through 1959.  The ELDCPS board made
the decision to donate one of every year we had to the University of Akron
archive and to Steamtown.  We contacted both institutions to verify they
wanted this material.  We shipped them to both locations at our own
expense.  Within one week of shipping, we received a wonderful letter from
Steamtown acknowledging our donation and thank us for thinking of them.
Now, nearly 3 years later we are still waiting for any kind of response from
the University of Akron (unless we want to count the signiture UPS got upon
delivery).

Tim