Re: (erielack) 3300's & Cast Locomotive Beds - Lackawanna's, Too?

RJFlei_@_aol.com wrote:

>DL&W steam models not likely? I'm a little fuzzy on this but here goes. Would
>it be possible for model makers to do a Pocono? Didn't many of the early
>4-8-4's find their basis in the Timken 4 Aces? If so couldn't the 4-Aces be a base
>model for the DL&W Pocono or LV 4-8-4's by just changing cabs, other details,
>and tenders? You could also have the base model as the 4 Aces or Northern
>Pacific 2626. I think all of these engines are pretty close dimensionally. Proto
>2000 Heritage did something similar with their Van Sweringen Berkshire series.
>
>Rick Fleischer
>Cortland, Oh.
>

>	The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
>	Sponsored by the ELH&TS
>	http://www.elhts.org

If I remember the Early Alco NP 4-8-4s  and DL&Ws 1500s  were a few
years before  the 1111  but the 1600s  were mostly roller bering if Im
correctly informed
I However think that the ERIE fans among us  will get a K5 modernized
before the DLWs get an N6 :-(  not that I dont like Heavy Pacifics   I
just think Lackawanna's are Pretter   I also would love a 1450 rebuilt
or a 2200 3cyl freight mountain  but fat chance of them doing those!