RE: (erielack) 3300's & Cast Locomotive Beds - Lackawanna's, Too?

Rick, the easiest way to get a Pocono would be to simply buy one of the Nickel Plate Products models
that appear on eBay at least once a month.  They're open-frame motors, and kind of old technology as
to how they're assembled, and of course, no sound or DCC as they come, but they are basically a
soundly engineered mechanism, with a reasonably accurate superstructure.  And they're not very
expensive, in comparative terms.  I've seen them go for as little as $125.00 on eBay, and for less
than that at train shows.

Yes, the Four Aces was essentially the same engine, as were a good number of other roads engines,
including, I think, the Northern Pacific's similar engines.  But why screw around changing something
else to match up when the NKP model is already there?

The LV engine is significantly different in a lot of ways, at least, cosmetically.

SGL