RE: (erielack) Youngstown

> A little more about Youngstown, OH; just to say that I liked
> my brief visit there.  I wish that I could get to know the
> town better.
> Philip Martin

I've only been once to Youngstown proper, and that was for the ELHS
convention out there. If you like history hunting, that's a great place!
Big thanks to Dan Biernacki for pointing out some of the former Erie
landmarks (passenger station, the location of the junction nearby
[bridges over a road with a weird name, anyone know it?], Brier Hill
enginehouse). It's very depressing to see the enormous steel company
infrastructure that used to be there, and today is empty fields with
weeds. <sigh>

The B&O station in town is nicely restored as a restaurant (what else?
:), and the former "1950's modern" PRR station is still there as an
appliance store, I think? But the PRR logo is still very obvious. A
shame that most of the EL's infrastructure and tracks are
unrecognizable. :(