(erielack) South Pennsylvania Railroad

Although this is off topic, I'm puting it in to clear up some misconceptions that I might have given about the Pennsylvania Turnpike and the South Pennsylvania Railroad.  Lister Frank Mellott wrote me:
"Don't know where you were on the PA pike...but east of Harrisburg was
never graded for RR...so grades a lot steeper..

Only about 25% of the pike from CARLISLE to IRWIN is on the Original
South Penn grade. The pike could get shorter route with steeper grades
and thats what they used."
He recommends Russell Love's www.southpennrailroad.com website.
As always, I appreciate the education.
A little more about Youngstown, OH; just to say that I liked my brief visit there.  I wish that I could get to know the town better.
Philip Martin