Re: (erielack) Akron Questions

Vinnie and List,

This shows that apparently by 1964, the clearance on the EB track had been improved by several inches to 18'0". Still insufficient to clear all loaded trilevels. There are several variables with trilevel clearance, including the flatcar design used ("low-deck" designs lowered the deck by 9"); the rack itself could also be set at varying levels. I have a photo showing an eastbound hotshot at Marion OH in 3/76 with two loaded trilevels on the head end; both appear to be low-deck designs.

Paul B

From: "V. C. Stagnitto" <stagnitv_@_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: (erielack) Akron Questions

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-21-07

ETT1_19640426_Western.jpg (image/jpeg, 1274x1753 265849 bytes, BF: 8.40 ppb)

Paul,

Attached is a scan of the relevant page from the April 26, 1964 ETT.  I went
through a 1967 and a 1974 ETT; the entire clearance section is missing from
both.  Hope this helps.

Regards,