(erielack) Blizzards

Ed,

You guys upstate got throttled and you appear to have handled it. Perhaps
you guys upstate can teach the elected compatriots in Scranton a thing  or two
on digging out. Granted, Scranton is a much larger city than where you  live,
but from what my folks up there experienced this past week, this is  ridiculous.

They didn't even think to put plows on garbage trucks. And they want us
ex-pats to move back? I would surely consider it but not when it's business as
usual, which is one of the reasons I moved down here to NYC. I got fed up with
lack of organization among other things.

Imagine this past week if passenger service existed via the Cut-Off to
Scranton. Hopefully NJT would have got the job done.

Years ago, I recall the Scranton Branch after a major snowstorm. It took
about a day and the Geeps came through. Even though is was only a branch, it was
open.

Are there any EL guys out there who can tell us how you dealt with
blizzards? How did you get it up and running so quickly?

Rick
Manhattan

In a message dated 2/21/2007 7:12:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,