From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org] On Behalf Of
Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:54 PM
To: EL Mail List
Cc: erielack_@_lists.elhts.org; erielack-owner@lists.elhts.org
Subject: Re:(erielack) Re: Erie Steam Locomotives

Randy,

I'm curious...at 79 inches, where on the Erie system did the K-5s or
K-5As
"stretch their legs"?

Chuck

             "Janet & Randy

             Brown"

             <jananran_@_mymails
             tation.com>               erielack_@_lists.elhts.org

             Sent by:
cc
             erielack-owner_@_li

             sts.elhts.org
Subject
                                       Re:(erielack) Re: Erie Steam

                                       Locomotives

             02/21/2007 01:36

             PM

             Please respond to

              "EL Mail List"

             <erielack_@_lists.e

                 lhts.org>

You were probably standing next to a K-5 or K-5A 4-6-2 on a
Cleveland/Pittsburgh train.  Its drivers, at 79", were the biggest on
the
Erie.  The 0-6-0 switchers had the smallest : 50".

Randy Brown
I trust under the new system that this "Reply" is a reply to the entire
list. My question is what was the range in drive wheel diameters on Erie
steam locomotives. I recall visiting the Erie Station in Youngstown,
Ohio
in the late 1940s a number of times and standing near a passenger train
stopped at the station. . .