Re:(erielack) Re: Erie Steam Locomotives

You were probably standing next to a K-5 or K-5A 4-6-2 on a Cleveland/Pittsburgh train.  Its drivers, at 79", were the biggest on the Erie.  The 0-6-0 switchers had the smallest : 50".

Randy Brown
I trust under the new system that this "Reply" is a reply to the entire list. My question is what was the range in drive wheel diameters on Erie steam locomotives. I recall visiting the Erie Station in Youngstown, Ohio in the late 1940s a number of times and standing near a passenger train stopped at the station. . .