RE: (erielack) Coil cars and DL&W-NKP

Bill,

Disregarding the accuracy (or lack thereof) of the Walthers product, in general, mismatching of hoods occurred occasionally at the steel mills and the customers, so it's prototypical to have two different hoods on the same car (I think that may have been part of your question).

Paul B

From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R \(Paul\)" <paultup_@_alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject: RE: (erielack) Coil cars and DL&W-NKP

Bill K. inquired:

> Sunday I picked up an old Walthers cushion coil car, lettered
> for EL with one EL hood and someone swapped a P&LE hood on
> the other side.
>
> Just wondered if it was prototypical?  It has a 4-digit
> number if I remember right and a 9-73 date on it.

No, not correct at all. The Walthers car is representative of an Evans
(I think?) car, and the EL's cars were built by Greenville and were
quite different in appearance, with a flat-sided fishbelly appearance.
(see: http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/frt/el9099al.jpg)

The EL cars were in the 9000-series, did Walthers at least get the
series right on their cars?