Re: (erielack) Coil cars and DL&W-NKP

Bill and list

  Suggest you compare the model to the photos in the EL Color Guide Pg. 50 & 51. The Walthers car is an Evans Prototype and the EL cars were Greenville.  It is possible to kitbash the Walthers car close to the EL  prototype. When done you will wonder if you would have been better off scratch building.
  I have done 4 of these kitbashes and don't plan to do more.  About once a year I bug Prime Mover Decals about decals.
  Oh yes the EL cars were made in '67, '68 and '69. The hoods are also wrong. If I remember correctly the number was correct for an EL car.

   However both carried coil steel if that is any consolation.

  Ben Bartlett

"Bill K." <pontiac_@_dreamscape.com> wrote:
  Sunday I picked up an old Walthers cushion coil car, lettered for EL with one EL hood and someone swapped a P&LE hood on the other side.

Just wondered if it was prototypical? It has a 4-digit number if I remember right and a 9-73 date on it.