Re:Re: (erielack) A controverial topic?

Coal is the new coal -- just not for us.  An endless parade of 100-car, 10,000-ton trains of low-sulpher bituminous move out of Montana and Wyoming to power plants in the southeast and midwest that will each burn 3 or 4 trainloads a day.

And then the (ex-ERIE) WNY&P has been known to move a train or some to, for instance, provide the electricity which allows me to type this.

To the entire list, yet!

Randy Brown
Perhaps trash is the new coal.

Railroads really bank on getting a lot of something to somewhere.  Perhaps the only large export we have from the east is trash...

Sadly

George