Re: (erielack) Conroversial Subject?

Walt,

Very well put indeed. Yes, everything changes with time and people do
adjust. We all do, whether or not we realize it. I agree that the Cuf-Off will  be
back in service and there will be passenger service to Scranton and the
Southern Tier of NY. It's a matter of time and it really does depends on the
politicians getting their heads out of their behinds as you said.

The best thing that we and the greeb folks can do is to  write/email the pols
and let them know that we all vote. I find it very  interesting that in
Scranton for example, the local pols are mute when it comes  to restoration of
passenger service. If someone can correct me on that, I'd  appreciate it, but from
what I've seen and that includes newly-elected Casey,  mums the word. Maybe
they're expecting their palms to be greased.

When Casey was running for office, I contacted his website and asked his
position on the restoration of passenger service to Scranton. The reply was a
form for me to fill out to help with fundraising. I resent my question three
more times. The most I received was that he supports Amtrak service in
Philadelphia, Harrisburg and Pittsburgh. Give me a break. And to top it off, he  is
from Scranton. What gives?

Again, you are right. When it becomes popular to support rail service,
they'll all jump on board and claim the credit. If the Green Party in PA were
smart, they'd pick up the ball on rail service and run with it.

Rick

In a message dated 2/19/2007 10:51:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,