Re: (erielack) A controversial topic? :) - EL employee integration

In a message dated 2/19/2007 2:58:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bruceipe_@_gmail.com writes:

From all  the stories I've heard, by the end of the EL it was pretty much one
big  happy family, with the usual "interesting people" that any railroad
tends  to have.

To some extent it was one big happy family.  Take west of Hornell for
example.  It was all former Erie so there was not much animosity.   I've heard the
Train Dispatcher's General Chairman tell stories about other  offices where
Erie and DL&W guys were employed and it was far from  happy.

Perhaps you may recall some of Walt Smith's tales of former Erie Vs. former
DL&W..........if not, I'm certain he can refresh your memory.

SMT