RE: (erielack) Controversial Subject?

Wasn't the original question could the DL&W have better spent their capital
on access to new markets instead of infrastructure improvements?
Considering the demise of the entire eastern railroad industry (and the
industries they serviced), I'm not sure that would have made much of a
difference.   But Paul also pointed out an interesting opportunity, one
that's still open for exploitation.   Would the bedroom communities through
out central New Jersey be possible with out I-80?   What if the EL was that
enabler, like the UP was in the west?

Frank