(erielack) More Closet Cleaning by Walt Smith / Indiana Jones time

    Out in the garage this week, I was rooting thru an old box in which I
had some of the TRAINS mags I put on the list a while back. I'm putting this
stuff up for the EL listers before I go to E-Bay.......
1. I turned the box over and some old baggage tags fell out. They were from
the NYO&W. They are 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 inches in size and are pink on color,
still have the old hemp string looped thru the top half. They've been used
(punched by a conductor tkt punch - looks like a small 'm').   All are to
WAWARSING. After picking them up off the floor, I was able to match 5
COMPLETE tags with matching numbers(top & bottom - remember, they'd been
torn in half when used).  On the back of the top half is a line for the date
as follows - 191_______.
     When these babies were printed, Teddy Roosevelt was in the White House
and camelbacks ruled the O&W. ........$10.00 a set.
      I also have 2 bottom halves - $5.00 each.
    Due to the age of these, I'd recommend having them laminated @ $5.00 ea.
         I'll pay postage - if u want insurance or UPS, that'll be xtra.

2. EL RR Scranton Division dispatchers trainsheet 1967 Has the mainline from
Slateford to Binghamton as well as the Syracuse and utica Divisions, the
"Bloom", and remnants of the ERIE branches around Dunmore, Lake Ariel, etc.
Still has 4 passenger trains on the sheet (5 & 6, 10 & 15)
and many freights. HUGE ...(app 20 x 60 inches).  $25.00 ea. + $5.00 S&H.
Museum quality stuff!!

3. EL RR Bangor & Portland dispatchers' traiinsheet (app 18 x 36 inches in
size). Lots of long-gone stuff on this sheet. For some reason, the Company
kept the B&P separate from the Scranton division and 1966 was the final year
for this. $10.00 each + $5.00 S&H. THESE SHEETS ARE OVER 40 YEARS OLD - WHEN
THE EL WAS A REAL RAILROAD!!

TRAINSHEETS WILL BE SHIPPED IN HEAVY CARDBOARD MAILING TUBES TO AVOID DAMAGE

4. 1974 Commuter Rail Guide w/map of metro area - cover has as follows:
LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD
STATEN ISLAND RAPID TRANSIT
HUDSON LINE
HARLEM LINE
NEW HAVEN LINE
ERIE-LACKAWANNA RAILWAY
18 X 20 inches unfolded (app)........$5.00

5. 1982 Commuter Rail guide has LI RR, CONRAIL- Harlem, hudson & New Haven
Lines, & Port Jervis Service....BUT Much better map of the former EL lines
including Dover, Boonton, P&D, etc.
same size ..$5.00

6. 1950 YEARBOOK OF RAILROAD INFORMATION. Softcover, 96 pages, 3 1/2 x 6
inches. Lots of info on how it was half a century ago. Little pen & ink
illustrations throughout (interior of an RPO car, steam engines open the
section on freight), and ...lo & behold on page 40 a drawing of EMD diesels
w/ DSL&W striping and square logo on the nose. Too small to read, but sure
looks like Miss Phoebe.  $10.00

7. I'd forgotten this little item.......I was called for the Susquehanna
pusher and while waiting the eastbound we'd push to Gulf Summit, I rooted
around in the upstairs of the Suaquehanna station. Here on a bench sat a
YMCA Hymnbook and on the inside of the front cover stamped (very ornately)
Property of
              R. R. Y. M. C. A.
           Susquehanna, Pa.
    Do u think it saved any hoggers or firemen from the demon Rum???
Red hardcover 8 1/2 x 6 inches, 1904 copyright, 240 pages......$10.00

8. Four 1982 timetables (25 yrs ago ) for Main Line & Bergen County line,
Pascack Valley Line, Boonton line, and Morristown line - $20.00

9. Pre - WW2 RAILROAD magazines - Sept 1936 (Even before I was born!!), Dec,
1938, Oct. 1940, and Sept. 1942. These babies are pulp & 1936 is missing the
cover but all in all rare stuff. $8.00 each or ALL for $25.00

10. Red wool PULLMAN blanket from a sleeping car. I'd forgotten about having
this but it kept me warm up in Binghamton.  U can still see the winged
PULLMAN logo.....$50.00

11. Hardcover bound 1942  complete year of TRAINS........Full of GREAT fotos
& stories. Almost all steam, too. Here & there a diesel. Some sad letters
like the one with a foto from "Lieutenant so & so who sent us the foto of a
train in Manila & we haven't heard from him in a while."
      After seeing the movie about the Bataan Death March (Ghost Soldiers) I
thought 'the poor guy was better off dead than captured by the Emperors
troops'.
   $100.00 & I'll pay shipping.

12. Hardcover bound 1939 year of MODEL RAILROADER (MINT) The ads alone make
this worthwhile - not to mention the fotos of long-gone railroads &
trolleys...$100.00

13. The MODEL RAILROADER ENCYCLOPEDIA for 1944. Hardcover, this book has
great foldouts of steamengines, & trolleys,freight & passenger cars,
layouts. My favorite is a HUGE foldout of a UP Challenger type (NYC Mohawk &
Hudson were runners-up for me) - $50.00

14. Great assortment of Long Island timetables from 1971(8) & 1972 (3)
FULLSIZE - 6 or 12 pages (not cards) $5.00

15. Penn Central 1971 Harlem Line TT $2.00

Cash, Check, or Moneyorder to:  Walter Smith/968 Placid Drive/Melbourne, Fl.
32935