(erielack) X600 QUESTION ANSWERED

I spoke with retired former DL&W Engineers Bill Davidson and Paul Boehrer
last evening regarding the X600 FT substitute unit and Paul confirmed that the
front (coalbunker) end was left as is and not covered over. Neither had ever
worked with it but Paul had seen it sitting uncoupled off the turntable in
Scranton a couple of times. Paul said it did not last long in service and was used
primarily on the pusher sets out of Scranton until the FT's got couplers.

For those who might want to model this unique unit, Rusty Recordon told me
that Bachmann's medium length tender form the USRA Mountain is a very close
match and is available seperately with the correct trucks.

Al Holleuffer