Re: (erielack) List Address

J. Henry Priebe Jr. wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
>
>8<---
>

>>Now, the way that Henry has set up this list is that if I hit "Reply," it will go only to Bob.
>>Since I'm anticipating this to go to the entire list, I hit "Reply all" so that maybe we can get to
>>understand this, and stop talking about it.
>>

>8<---
>
>Schuyler,
>
>That wasn't my choice, I was instructed to set it up that way as that's how it
>was setup when Rob S. hosted it on Internexxus way back when. I have always
>preferred a Reply-to: list address header and that's how our other lists are
>set up. There are list members who would raise Cain if we changed the status
>quo now. I have no problem teaching old dogs new tricks, the same doesn't
>seem to apply to human beans! Paul T. is the official list owner, I have to
>pass the buck on this one. I'm just the lackey who does as he's told.
>
>I hate getting two and sometimes three duplicate replies to not only my own
>posts, but to any that are written by some list members who have broken
>mailers that INSIST on injecting erielack-owner@ into the list of recipients
>for some totally incomprehensible reason. If it had been up to me, we would
>have had a Reply-to: long ago.

I asked on the list a week or so ago  and I got 5 responses, + mine
makes 6.  Three wanted Reply-to-List and three did not, including SGL,
who imo was a NIMBY response.

There has been no overwhelming response either for or against.

I complained in the first place because a number of subscribers do not
bother to delete the extra addresses from their replies or to change
their company mailer to delete the -owner copies.

bob gillis