Re: (erielack) Akron Questions

In a message dated 2/16/2007 9:01:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, GCalco
writes:

 I was living in Marlyland at the time of this derailment, and  from what I
understand the derailment was
at the brick plant siding. It seems to me  the switch into the
Harbison-Walker plant was off of #1 track
the westbound track. 2/NY100 must have been runninig eastbound on  the
westbound track. Does anyone know if this is correct and why it was  coming east on
the wrong main.
  I have photo of 3657 on my E-L web page in Binghamton after it had  been
re-built and in 2005 as MRL 332.

  Jerry

Jerry---

That is correct, the 2/NY-100 was operating east on the westbound main  track
from Kent to SN Jct. and found the switch open at Windham.

Keith Robbins had posted the facts a few months ago--he was dispatching in
Marion when train 78 or some other train had trouble resulting in the detour
movement.

SMT