Re: (erielack) Akron Questions

Steve,

  A question for u since u've worked the XD office job in the Terminal Bldg
in Youngstown -& I think the other listers'd enjoy this too so I copied them
in.
   In 1960-61, one of the jobs at night was makiing up consists, etc. I also
had to do adding & subtraction but I can't think for WHAT.  The Company
didn't provide an adding machine up there so I got a little oblong plastic
thing with 4 wheels on the surface and a little stylus to stick in the
wheels so u could add & subtract by turning the wheels forward or back- like
an abacus, almost. Pretty primitive but it served. Of course this was long
before Texas Instruments' first little hand-held computer. I just can't
think WHAT I used the damn thing for. Can you, Steve???

Regards,

Walt Smith