From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org [mailto:erielack-owner@lists.elhts.org]
On Behalf Of Todd Hollritt
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:16 AM
To: erielack_@_lists.elhts.org
Subject: (erielack) NYS&W Happinings

 I noticed last week NYS&W purchased a couple "Low nose" SD-40-2's, I
spotted both in fresh "Yellow Jacket" paint in Little Ferry last week, John
Durant took this photo of one recently. (Former SOU/NS 3267) at Little
Ferry.

  http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=623555

    The two SD-40-2's I saw last week were bracketed between two SD-40T-2's
(ex-SP) also in Black and Yellow paint also. Fresh off the SU-100 this
lash-up must have looked awesome eastbound at places like Starucca and Mill
Rift!
     Sadly it looks like the Cartier (MLW) M636's are not very reliable and
will never see NYS&W paint, how many remain in service? So right now It
looks as if the former EL Southern Tier will be dominated by six axle EMD's
once again.
    Susquehanna operates two freights over the former EL, SU-99 and SU-100.
In Jersey these trains have about 30 to 50 cars, mostly wood chip hoppers
filled with garbage. And I have witnessed the SU-99 going west with pushers
for the haul over Sparta mountain a few times, how large are these trains
when they get to Gulf Summit, just curious if the NYS&W have ever had to use
a pusher there lately?
    Also, do any of these freights do "any" local work along the former Erie
Lackawanna Delaware Division??

  Todd ~

Be a PS3 game guru.