RE: (erielack) Re:GP7/9 s

Randy, Trebor and all,

The only EL GP7's with steam generators were 1400-1409 (ex-Erie
1400-1404 and ex-DL&W 966-970)  - If you look closely, you can see the
bumps of the steam generator outlet stacks on the top of the short hood.

As for winterization hatches, I'll have to check my records but I
believe the ex-DL&W GP7s didn't have them, and all the Erie's did.

Dynamic brakes appeared on all of the DL&W's freight GP7s, all the
Erie's GP9s, and the first batch of Erie GP7s.

All the EL's Geeps had pairs of single-chime "blat" type horns, one each
that faced in each direction. They were usually mounted on the sides of
the carbody ahead of the cab, though on the ex-DL&W passenger GP7s, they
were mounted on the roof, with one being directly between the "torpedo
tube" air reservoir tanks on the roof.

Hope this helps...

	- Paul