(erielack) Property and Structure Sales

I was reviewing some items on my collection of research material for my
hometown of Homer, NY and I noticed that the EL didn't sell the depot and
land until 1963, nearly five years after the cessation of passenger service.
Does that seem a bit odd to anyone or just me?  Perhaps they couldn't find a
buyer, but then again I wonder how aggressive they were to sell the
property.  They continued to own the freight station across the street
(don't know when they sold it) and more substantial structures to the south
in Cortland (not sold until CR era).

Has anyone come across similar cases of property sale?

Joshua
http://www.joshuakblay.com