RE: (erielack) A-T Baldwin

GENE of course is named for Eugene K. Garfield - president of the railroad.
I am reminded of when the ERIE was in a tug-of-war between Jay Gould, Jim
Fisk, and the Vanderbilt interests. One of the contenders named a locomotive
"Judge J. Barnard". A jurist who issued writs favoring the Vanderbilts. For
more on these and other stories, I recommend reading CHAPTERS OF ERIE -
Charles Frances Adams (Cornell University Press I think).
     621 was the FIRST switcher on the property & kept her EL number on my
recommendation. She always worked in Sanford. How'd he get the foto in
Lorton???

Walt Smith